Clore Shalom School
Free School Meals
How To Claim Free School Meals
If you receive any of the following benefits, you can claim for free school meals.
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child receives free school meals, we are also able to pay the costs of school trips, enrichment activities, after school clubs and residentials.
If you think you may be eligible for free school meals, please contact Mrs Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org in complete confidence. She will help you fill in the form online – it is quick and easy.