Please send your child with a meat free lunch each day that you have not booked a school lunch. This should be in a clearly named lunch box or bag.
Lunch should be a healthy, nutritious, balanced meal which will sustain your child throughout the afternoon.
Clore Shalom promotes healthy eating in school. Please avoid foods which contain an excessive amount of sugar, salt or fat e.g. sweetened yoghurts, fruit winders, standard crisps.
Try to include at least one food from each of the following groups: -
- Bread and starch foods: bread, pitta, bagels, oatcakes, savoury scones, crispbreads, rice, potato or pasta salads.
- Fruit and vegetables: fresh fruit, dried fruit, salad or vegetables.
- Protein: fish (not shellfish), hard-boiled egg or vegetarian alternative to meat.
- Milk and dairy foods: cheese or cheese spread, yoghurt or fromage frais.
- Cutlery, such as a spoon for yoghurt or a fork for pasta.
- An ice-pack if the weather is warm. Lunch boxes are kept in the classroom during the day and are unable to be refrigerated.
Do not send in:
- Nuts or items containing nuts - due to life threatening allergies of some pupils
- Kiwi fruit - Due to life threatening allergies of some pupils
- Meat, meat products or foods which imply they contain meat in your child’s lunch in keeping with the school’s kosher ethos.
- Any glass container or tins
- Any fizzy or sugary drinks
- Chocolates, sweets, chocolate bars, chocolate cakes
- Do not send in any sharp objects such as knives or scissors to open packaging. It is preferable to dispense foods into appropriate pots beforehand