Ideas for practising spellings include:
- Rainbow spellings - write each word in a different colour of the rainbow
- Scrabble spellings - write the words out so that they interlink with each other like on a Scrabble board (or use the actual Scrabble board and letters if you have)
- Playdough - Use playdough to make the words
- Backwards spellings - Write the spellings backwords. Can you reverse the letters?
- Wrong hand spellings - Write the words using the hand that you don't usually write with.
- Nature spellings - Use sticks, pebbles, leaves, petals etc to make the spellings.
- Slime spellings - Create the words using slime.
- Pyramid Spellings - Write the 1st letter of the word on line, on the 2nd line write the 1st and 2nd letter, on the 3rd line write the 1st, 2nd and 3rd letter etc